Sunday, October 25, 2015

CMJ2015 Recap

CMJ week never felt so much fun - it flew by way too fast!!  New York weather cooperated like never before, the new CMJ homebase, Dream Hotel, was chick and welcoming (though I miss badly the charm of the NYC facilities and the view onto the Washington Square Park) and there was absolutely no shortage of fun people and awesome bands!

Tuesday, October 13

Knowing the spread of the CMJ venues, I started my CMJ experience with a short commute, just a block from the Dream Hotel, to Highline Ballroom.  Not knowing what to expect, I was absolutely charmed to see the tasteful, beautiful and very musical performance by a female electro-pop duo from Montreal, Canada Milk and Bone.  Their live performance is so much more deep and heartfelt, however, let me share one of their tunes with you anyway...

Wednesday, October 14

Wednesday was a full on college radio day with informative panels and award ceremony for the best and most achieved college radio stations.  I was lucky to catch a short performance by a brilliant Australian band SAFIA as a part of Sounds of Australia afternoon showcase.  So good!!!

Thursday, October 15

Just before my trip to Iceland Airwaves, I was psyched to catch an Icelandic band Mammut @ LPR - meditational and medicinal, but wholly shit with so much drive!! 

I topped off my Thursday with an overwhelming show by Glass Animals @ Terminal 5 - tribal, chanting, jazzy, sing-along, dance-along hip hop tunes... whah? totally amazing!!

Friday, October 16

Friday was a very special day for me of getting ready for the one and only CMJ show - LightMinutes Away Showcase :)  Here are two bands that I really wanted to see, but will have to reserve this pleasure until next time: a Belgian band Balthazar and  a local synth duo from New York (Yeah!) Cardiknox... 

Saturday, October 17

Needless to say, Light-Minutes Away Showcase @ Matchless was one hell of a night! We totally packed the place with more than 120 people coming out and grooving to our very special all Brooklyn-based line up: Carbon Mirage, Satorii, Letters to Nepal, Cassandra Sun and yours truly OLYA

No comments:

Post a Comment